Sunday, May 27, 2012

CoLab Workshop

This past week I attended the CoLab Workshop in Sunol California. It was hosted by Emily, Maddie, and Jonas and was the perfect blend of inspiration and reality, artistic vision and business.

The business side of photography is not something that comes naturally to me, and it was amazing to listen to three photography professionals with such distinct ways of doing things. I was reminded that there is no right way of doing things, but that I have to dig deep and find the right way for myself.

We also got into the "not so fun" stuff. Meg Keene, the founder of "A Practical Wedding" (whose book I read and fell in love with) was the guest speaker and told us that it will not be fun working our 40-hour-a-week-job and then coming home and working more, but if we are ever going to be successful we have to make some sacrifices. 

As weird as this might sound, I think talking about the hard stuff was the most inspirational part of the workshop. It is nice knowing that when I am on the right track it might be horrible at times, and that I will have days when I wonder if I am good at this and doubt myself, but that I am not alone and I have a support system in my fellow photographers.

Below are some of the photos I took on the photo walk we had the first day of the workshop.

Now it is time for me to get to work!






















Thanks for visiting!

1 comment: